Tender Pork Sirloin Tip Roast
Super tender and juicy pork sirloin tip that is sure to make any dinner spectacular.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Pork Roast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
2 lb pork sirlion tip roast
2 tbsp salt
1 can of diet soda
2 tbsp dry rub
- Salt the roast generously, wrap in saran wrap, and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the roast from the fridge, put in a quart or gallon size ziplock bag (depending on the size of the roast) and pour in the can of diet soda. Place in fridge for another 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the roast and season with dry rub.
- Let the roast sit out for at least 30 minutes beginning to cook.
Preheat oven to 250°.
- While oven is preheating, sear the roast for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
Place the roast in the center of the oven on a roast rack and cook for approximately 70 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 115°.
- Turn the oven off and leave the roast cooking for another 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, tent the meat with aluminum foil, and allow to rest before serving.
- Carve the roast across the grain, serve, and enjoy!
I chose to use diet soda to keep the pork calories low but you are welcome to use any type of soda you’d like. I think I might try this out with diet cherry soda next time to switch up the flavor next time.
- Serving Size: 4 oz/112 grams
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 23
Keywords: healthy, lean, meat, pork, tender, low fat, high protein,