Spaghetti Squash Crust
A healthier, gluten-free, low-calorie crust that can be used for pizzas, pies, or flat breads!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 Crust 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
1 medium spaghetti squash (approximately 200 g with excess liquid drained)
1 oz reduced fat shredded mozzarella
3 tbsp liquid egg whites or 1 regular egg white
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Cook the spaghetti squash in either the oven at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, the microwave on high for 12 minutes, or my personal favorite, the air fryer at 360 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let the squash cool, then with a fork scoop out the inside.
- With a cheese cloth, paper towels, or kitchen towel, squeeze out all of the excess liquid.
- Mix the spaghetti squash, egg whites, and cheese together until well combined.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until crispy.
Baking time on the crust may take longer depending on how crispy you like it, the amount of spaghetti squash you use, and how thin you lay it out.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 16
- Sugar: .7
- Sodium: 37.4
- Fat: .5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1.7
- Fiber: .4
- Protein: 1.4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: low calorie, pizza, crust, gluten free, quiche, thin crust