Healthy Pickle Meatloaf
A healthy and tasty spin on a classic meatloaf recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
1 lb package of Jennie-O Ground Turkey (I used 93/7 but can sub for any ground meat)
1/4 cup mustard
4 sweet gherkins, chopped
2 tbsp sweet gherkin pickle juice
100 grams small red onion (or one small onion)
1/4 cup Progresso Bread Crumbs
1 BBQ seasoning or seasoning of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Beat egg in a small bowl and whisk in your pickle juice and mustard
3. Add your seasonings and pickles to the mixture and mix well.
4. Place the ground meat in a large bowl and add mix together with the wet ingredients.
5. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper on the bottom so that the meatloaf will be easy to get out of the pan once cooked.
6. Bake the meatloaf for 45 minutes at 350°
7. Let rest approximately 10 minutes and serve.
This meatloaf can be made with ground meat of your choice. I chose to use ground turkey because it was readily available but have made it with both ground beef and also ground pork. Both variations were delicious.
The recipe can easily be doubled up if cooking for a larger crowd.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 447
- Fat: 9.6
- Saturated Fat: 4.1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.7
- Fiber: .8
- Protein: 24.5
- Cholesterol: 126.5
Keywords: lunch, dinner, meatloaf, healthy, pickle, baked, low fat, low carb, high protein