Healthy Mexican Pizza
A healthy spin on a delicious Mexican pizza.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican American
1 pack Joseph’s Pita (8 count)
1 16 oz can Rosarita Vegetarian Refried Beans
1.25 lb Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey
1 package taco seasoning
4 oz Low Fat Mexican Cheese Blend
8 tbsp Low Fat Guacamole
8 tbsp Low Fat Sour Cream
1 Medium Tomato, approximately 100 grams
2 scallions, approximately 10 grams
1/2 cup Cole Slaw, approximately 50 grams
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Cut around edges of pita bread to make two “tortillas”
3. Lightly spray each side of pita and lay on baking sheet
4. Bake pita for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through to brown each side
5. While pita is baking, cook ground turkey and add taco seasoning.
6. Once meat is cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
7. Remove pitas from oven and add a layer of refried beans, top with ground turkey, and place second pita on top.
8. Add a layer of shredded cheese to the top of the second pita and place back in oven until the cheese is melted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and top with one tablespoon each of guacamole and sour cream, add onions and tomatoes.
10. Serve and Enjoy!
You can use any ground meat you’d like and add any other toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 Pizza
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 2.8
- Fat: 11.4
- Saturated Fat: 4.2
- Carbohydrates: 25.3
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 21.8
Keywords: Mexican Pizza, Taco Bell, Remake, Healthy, Ground Turkey, Beans