Easy Protein Dip
Super easy, delicous, and healthy protein dip that can be paired with a side of chips or veggies.
1 lb chicken breast
1 jar salsa of choice or queso dip of choice (can use both)
2 celery stalks
1 bell pepper
1/2 small onion
1 garlic clove
chicken bouillon cube
Enough water to submerge the chicken
- Add chicken, vegetables, garlic, seasonings and bouillon cube in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken.
- Boil the chicken until it is completely done, remove from water, and place in blender.
- Cook vegetable until they are completely soft then remove from water and place in blender with the chicken breast.
- Add a couple tablespoons of left over chicken broth and blend. Keep adding chicken broth one tablespoon at a time until you have a thick paste like consistency.
- Add your favorite salsa or queso dip of choice to the chicken mixture until it is like a dip consistency of your liking. Flavor it with any additional seasonings of your choice.
- Pair it with your favorite tortilla chips or a side of veggies and get to dipping!
I make the base and switch out the salsa or queso dip depending on what I have on hand or what flavor I am wanting. I sometimes throw in some pico de gallo for a little more texture or if I’m wanting a chunkier dip.